Work at Pinedale Airport begins in June
by Grover Laseke, Airport Manager
April 30, 2021
Work on Pinedale Airport projects are scheduled for the summer of 2021.
• The East GA Apron project is anticipated to begin mid-June and last for 80 working days (estimated completion of October 1st). This project involves the construction of a new apron between taxiway Bravo and Charlie for larger aircraft and has been awarded to HK Contractors. For the duration of this project, no-self serve fueling capabilities will be available starting July 4th. The old fueling station will be removed and a new self-service avgas station will be installed near the current location. Jet fuel will be available through Emblem Aviation from their fuel truck during this time. This project is being paid for with an FAA grant.
• The rehabilitation of the runway is estimated to start after July 4th. HK Contractors has been awarded the contract for this work which should take 50 working days (estimated completion by mid-September). The airport will be closed to all aircraft operations except for helicopters during this time. After paving is completed, the runway will be opened back up for daytime use, but will be closed at night to complete runway grooving for an estimated 2 weeks. Tenants will be able to access their hangars during construction. This project is also being paid for with an FAA grant.
• Crack sealing project has a start date of May 17th. All taxiways, aprons and the parking lot will have cracks sealed before the pavement is sealed. This project is estimated to last for three working days and is being paid through a WYDOT grant. All vehicles must be removed from the parking lot or they will be towed.
• Pavement sealing and remarking will happen after the crack sealing project is completed. As with the crack sealing, we hope to complete this project during the runway shutdown. It will take about 5 days to compete. All vehicles will be required to be removed from the parking lot or they will be towed. This project is also being funded through a WYDOT grant.
• During the airport closure, Emblem Aviation will have limited hours but will be operating out of the Big Piney Airport.
• An online video conference will be held on Thursday May 20th at 5:00 PM for the purposes of updating all airport tenants and interested parties on these projects. Access can be obtained by using the below link or by calling the phone number listed. Online access to meeting will be at this link: meet.google.com/jbs-urrj-zcg Phone access can be made by calling 1-347-943-9833 / PIN: 984 902 263#
• The Airport Board has updated the airport minimum standards document. This document provides guidance for commercial operations at the airport. A copy for review is available at https://www.townofpinedale.us/airport.
• A new document titled Pinedale Airport Rules and Regulations is being formulated. These rules are in addition to the lot lease documents already in place for the airport. These rules will cover parking, motor vehicle operations, along with what activities are allowed on airport property. When finalized this document will be posted at https://www.townofpinedale.us/airport.
• A new flying club has organized at the Pinedale Airport. Wind River Flyers was formed over the last year and is now operational with a Cessna 182. Currently membership is limited to 12 persons with one membership slot open. Contact John Douglas at 307-413-7888 for details.
• The Pinedale Airport Board meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:30 PM. Typically the meetings are held in the conference room at the airport. You can participate in the meetings by conference call. The meeting agendas are available on the Town of Pinedale website. You can also contact Airport Manager Grover Laseke and he will send you the agenda when it is developed. The public and all interested parties are welcome to attend.
• Two airport board member terms are expiring soon. If you are interested in applying for either of these positions, please send a letter of interest to Town Clerk Maureen Rudnick at MaureenRudnick@townofpinedale.us or by mail to PO Box 709, Pinedale, WY 82941.
For more information, contact Grover Laseke at (307) 360-9025 or email GroverLaseke@TownofPinedale.us.