SCSO joins Neighbors by Ring
Real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors and public safety agencies
by Sublette County Sheriff's Office
April 11, 2021
The Sublette County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) has become the first Law Enforcement agency in Wyoming to join Neighbors by Ring. This app enables users in our community to share and discuss crime and safety issues specific to your neighborhood (up to 5-mile radius of your home). It also integrates with any RING device you may have to allow users, if they choose, to share critical surveillance video and pictures with our agency including safety concerns and or crimes. Users can also share information with fellow residents regarding: crime, safety, unexpected activity, lost pets, and neighborly moments. The Neighbors app is free and having a Ring device is not required to use the service.
The SCSO will use this new feature to connect with residents in a new way as part of our effort to reach all audiences in our community. We may also request helpful information from residents and their Ring devices (if they chose to share) to assist in protecting our communities.
Key Neighbors Features
- Stay Informed: Millions of residents in communities across the U.S. have joined Neighbors and use it to receive real-time, hyper-local safety updates from fellow neighbors and the public safety agencies that serve them.
- Share Safety Updates: Share safety-related updates with your community by creating a new post or commenting on existing posts in your local Neighbors feed.
- Customize Your Experience: Select your neighborhood area of interest and adjust your settings to see only the types of updates you wish to receive and how often you would like to receive them.
- Helpful Safety Services: In some neighborhoods, public safety agencies use Neighbors to connect with residents and share hyper-local safety updates in the communities they serve. Visit Ring's Active Agency Map to see if your local public safety agency is on Neighbors.
- User Privacy & Control: When using Neighbors, police and other public safety agencies can only view what residents have posted publicly to Neighbors or what they have shared in response to a video request. Police and other public safety agencies do not have access to usersĄŻ Ring devices, live streams or personal information when using Neighbors.
How to Join Neighbors For Residents:
Download the Neighbors App for free on iOS, Android and FireOS devices. You do not need to own a Ring device or any home security system in order to participate on Neighbors.
Other helpful links for Neighbors:
For more information contact:
SUBLETTE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Sheriff K.C. Lehr
P.O. Box 701
35 1/2 S. Tyler Ave.
Pinedale, WY 82941
Pinedale Office: (307) 367-4378
Pinedale Fax: (307) 367-4360
Marbleton Office: (307) 276-5448
Marbleton Fax (307) 276-5446