Sublette COVID-19 update April 6, 2020
by Pinedale Online!
April 6, 2020
The Sublette COVID-19 Group did another Facebook Live video update on Monday morning, April 6th. Speaking are Sgt. Travis Bingham-Public Information Officer with the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office, Janna Lee-Nurse Manager with Sublette County Public Health, Dr. Brandon Fitzsimmons-Sublette County Public Health Officer. They hope to do another update this Wednesday and Friday, tentative time 11:30AM. Check on the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page for updates and the recordings. Also visit the Sublette County COVID-19 update page here: http://www.sublettewyo.com/483/COVID-19
Click on this link to view the video: April 6, 2020 Sublette County COVID-19 update (video)
Click on this link to hear just the audio of this update: April 6, 2020 Sublette County COVID-19 update (audio only, mp3)
- There are currently over 200 positive cases of COVID-19 in Wyoming across 18 counties. No deaths to date. 50 patients have recovered.
- Sublette County has had one case to date. That patient has recovered and is doing well.
- The format of the daily Situation Report has changed to look more similar to the State daily report. It is now including figures for number of people quarantined by the Public Health Officer and self-isolating by request of the Clinic.
- Health officials are looking into other options for testing.
- The CDC is now recommending face masks in places where you may not be able to get adequate social distancing space, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, or the post office. They have links showing what makes a good face mask and how to sew one if you want a pattern. A number of local people are now sewing them.
- Call the Clinics if you are not feeling well. They do not anyone feeling like they cannot get medical attention if they are getting sicker and sicker, especially if having trouble breathing.
- The social distancing appears to be helping. Keep it up, stay the course. It is having a beneficial effect.
- COVID-19 Volunteer hotline and email are still available. 307-209-4073, firstname.lastname@example.org