Governor Gordon appears on Fox News to discuss plunge in oil prices and reopening the state
Drop in oil prices
Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon on Neil Cavuto’s Your World, Cavuto Live program on April 22, 2020.
Neil Cavuto’s Your World, Cavuto Live program
by Pinedale Online!
April 22, 2020
Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon appeared on Neil Cavuto’s Your World, Cavuto Live program on Fox News on Wednesday, April 22nd to talk about the recent plunge in oil prices and reopening the state in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click on this link to view the segment: Gov. Gordon on Fox News April 22, 2020
- The nation is unified to make sure we are energy independent and have a strong energy sector.
- All indications are that the President supports the oil and gas industry,
- The oil industry has a real challenge ahead. Can’t believe the collapse we’ve seen of prices in the past four weeks. Natural gas and coal are also struggling
- There is so much oil around the world they don’t even know where to put it. The problem is there has been demand destruction.
- Reserve facilities around the world are full and there is no room for more.
- We are anticipating being in this for the long haul for our producers, both large and small.
- With coronavirus, we need to make sure we have the work force capacity to keep working. We will relax some of the requirements and get people back working again.
- The Governor’s office will build a dash board so people can see where we are at on adequate testing, personal protection equipment (PPE), Intensive Care Beds and more.
- No one has figured out how to relax things in a pandemic. Asking the public to bear with us, work together, and we’ll all try to do the right thing.