PAC Youth Sports to include 6th Grade athletes
July 9, 2018
The Pinedale Aquatic Center (PAC) has finalized plans for the inclusion of 6th grade Pinedale athletes into PAC’s current youth sports programs. The programs will begin in August 2018 for football and volleyball, with basketball beginning in January 2019.
PAC is currently working on further expanding their track options before next spring season. Slight modifications have been made to the programs to accommodate the inclusion of 6th graders, most predominantly the restructuring of age groups. For the fall seasons, the sports will be structured as follows:
• Flag Football: K-1 grade, 2-3 grade
• Tackle Football (8-man): 4-6 grade
• Volleyball: 3-4 grade, 5-6 grade; watch for details about a 2nd grade clinic option
The football and volleyball seasons will begin August 13 and August 27, respectively. Flag football will begin the same date as volleyball. Registration for the programs are currently open by stopping by PAC to register and for more information. Scholarships are available to assist with registration fees for qualifying participants.
PAC’s youth sports programs are focused on offering opportunity for player development and fun. PAC wants athletes leaving their programs to look forward to continuing the sport at the middle school level and have the fundamental foundation to build on.
With these goals as the guide, PAC’s programs are structured to offer the following:
• Equally divided teams based on early season skill assessments and input from coaches to allow for positive competitive play through the season
• Small teams, meaning more individual attention as well as practice and game play for all athletes
• Guaranteed equal game play time for all participants
• Consistently scheduled and communicated practice and game times allowing for 2-3 practice/game days per week
PAC works closely with varsity coaches to coordinate their programs and develop coaches manuals, providing drills and coaching strategies to their volunteers in an effort to create continuity between all levels of the programs.
For more information, visit the Pinedale Aquatic Center online at www.pinedaleaquatic.com or call 307-367-2832.