Pinedale Online!

Pinedale on the Web!
Pinedale, Wyoming

Home | Calendar of Events | Photo Gallery | Local Businesses |

Pinedale Online > News > August 2015 > Hunters reminded to pick up stamps
Hunters reminded to pick up stamps
by Wyoming Game & Fish
August 31, 2015

Hunters are well aware of the necessity of having hunting licenses before going afield, but along with those licenses, certain stamps are also required. The following is a listing of the various stamps and permits applicable to Wyoming hunting:

Conservation Stamp - Required of all licensed hunters or anglers with several exceptions. It is not required of holders of daily fishing or hunting licenses. It is also not required of persons holding any Wyoming pioneer hunting or fishing license.

Pheasant Management Permit - Required of most pheasant hunters including youth who do not need a bird license and holders of the Pioneer Bird/Small Game license, who hunt areas wherever pheasants may be stocked from Wyoming Game and Fish Department bird farms. These areas include Game and Fish wildlife habitat management areas, numerous walk-in areas, Glendo State Park and all state lands in Sheridan and Johnson Counties. A complete listing or areas where the stamp is required is found on page 15 of the Upland Bird Regulations pamphlet. An exception is made for landowners and their immediate families who hunt pheasants on their lands enrolled in the walk-in program. An exception is also made for hunters who hunt walk-in areas in Bighorn, Fremont, Hot Springs, Park and Washakie counties where pheasants are not released by Game and Fish.

Elk Feedground Special Management Permit - This permit is required of all hunters who hunt elk in areas 70, 71, 75, and 77-98.

Archery License - Archers hunting in the archery preseason need an archery permit in most areas. The exception is for holders of Type 9 archery only licenses. Persons holding Type 9 licenses do not need a separate archery license.

Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp (Duck Stamp) - Required of all waterfowl hunters 16-years-of-age and older to hunt ducks, geese and mergansers. (Not required for doves, sandhill cranes, coots, snipe, rails or crows)

Harvest Information Program Permit (HIP permit) - Required of all licensed hunters who hunt migratory game birds. The HIP permit is also applicable for holders of Pioneer and Lifetime hunting licenses. HIP permits are nontransferable to other states. A separate validation is required in each state where migratory birds are hunted.

ORV Permit - Must be displayed on ORV while operating ORVs on public lands and other designated roads, trails or areas. Permits may be obtained at Wyoming ORV dealers and the Wyoming State Trails Program at 307-777-6323. Additional information about Wyoming ORV use is found on the State Trails Program website

Pinedale Online > News > August 2015 > Hunters reminded to pick up stamps

Pinedale Online!
Pinedale Online! PO Box 2250, Pinedale, WY 82941
Phone: (307) 360-7689 , Fax: (307) 367-2864

Office Outlet in Pinedale, 43 S. Sublette

Copyright © 2015 Pinedale Online. All rights reserved.
Pictures and content cannot be used in whole or part without permission.