Free Tax Help from the IRS on Feb. 12
For low-income families
January 10, 2011
Tax season is just around the corner. Hereís a chance for low-income families to get some free tax help from the IRS.
On Saturday, February 12th, the IRS WY Free Tax Preparation Services (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance -VITA) is offering free help with basic federal tax returns for low income taxpayers. The service is also available to foreign workers and foreign students.
Help will be offered for Form 1040, 1040A, Form 1040E, Schedule C-EZ and 1040NR (J1 visas).
There are only 30 slots available and it is on a first come, first-serve basis, so it is important to call soon and reserve a spot if you are interested. Translators can be available, if needed.
The session will be at the Sublette County Library in Pinedale, 155 S. Tyler Avenue, from 10:00 AM to 2:30PM. Sessions will be done in 30-minute appointments which MUST be reserved in advance.
Family Size: 1 Person, Income Limitation: $32,000
Family Size: 2 Persons, Income Limitation: $42,000
Family Size: 3 Persons, Income Limitation: $48,000
Family Size: 4 Persons, Income Limitation: $54,000
Family Size: 5 Persons, Income Limitation: $61,000
Applicants must bring in the following documents:
- A copy of last yearís tax return (if available)
- Correct birth date for all individuals listed on the return
- Proof of Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN)
- W-2 or 1099 form for each job held during the year filed
- Original or copy of filerís valid Driverís License or other photo ID
- If electronically filing a joint return, spouse must be present
For more information and to schedule an appointment, call the Sublette County Library at 307-367-4144.