March 1 deadline for Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat applications
by Wyoming Game & Fish
February 10, 2010
CHEYENNE - Applications for moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat will be accepted until 5 p.m. March 1, 2010.
The March 1 application deadline applies to both residents and nonresidents and is a departure from the standard Feb. 28 deadline because Feb. 28 falls on a weekend this year.
Drawing odds vary depending on species and hunt area. Preference points have been available for both moose and bighorn sheep for 15 yearsand 75 percent of the quotas for each species are issued in the preference point drawing. The remaining 25 percent is issued in a random drawing without regard for preference point totals. Preference points are not available for mountain goat licenses, but goat licenses are limited to one in a lifetime.
Hunters can research drawing odds from previous years for the various species and hunt areas on the Game and Fish Web site http://gf.state.wy.us . Applications are taken online or through conventional mail. Application booklets are also available at Game and Fish regional offices and license agents or by calling (307) 777-4600. Hunters who choose not to apply this year can still purchase a preference point online or through the mail between July 1-Sept.30.