District retains Wyoming Design-Build firm for new Critical Access Hospital
by Sublette County Rural Health Care District
December 21, 2017
PINEDALE, WYOMING - Last night (Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017) the Board of Trustees accepted the selection committee’s recommendation and voted to retain Sletten Construction of Wyoming as their Design-Build firm for the Sublette County Hospital.
The selection committee was comprised of Scott Scherbel, Amanda Key, Sharon Rutsch, Mike Pompy, Dave Racich, Scott Aldridge, Lorraine Gatzke, Jim Malkowski, Michelle Kren, and Paul Beaupre.
There were five firms that put in an RFP (Request for Proposal). The selection committee used six criteria to help make the final unanimous choice:
1. Personality of the team and ease to work with
2. Schedule for the PAR (Preliminary Architectural Report) needed for the loan application.
3. Overall Schedule (from beginning of project to opening the doors).
4. Clinical expertise especially with critical access hospital designation.
5. In-State offices.
6. Familiar with Wyoming USDA and Wyoming Department of Health.
It was decided Sletten Construction could best meet the District’s needs.
Sletten Construction is a Wyoming based, 100% employee owned firm that opened for business in Wyoming in 1981 and specializes in healthcare projects. Healthcare projects in Wyoming include West Park Hospital, Powell Hospital, and Thermopolis Hospital.