Cliff Creek Fire update: Tuesday, July 19, 2016
6,700 Acres, 0% Contained
by National Incident Management Team
July 19, 2016
Contact Fire Information: 208-731-8604
Hours: 7a.m. - 8p.m.
Community Meetings for updates on the Cliff Creek Fire:
Wednesday, July 20, 2016: Bondurant School, Bondurant WY. Time 6:00 pm
Thursday, July 21, 2016: Hoback Fire Station # 3, Hoback Jucntion, WY. Time 6:00 pm
Friday, July 22, 2016: Pinedale Administration Building (Sublette BOCES bldg), in the library of the "Old Elementary School", Tyler Avenue, Pinedale WY, Time 6:00 pm
Date of Detection: July 17, 2016
Current Size: 6700 Acres
Location: 5 Miles North of Bondurant Wyoming
Legal Description: 43 x 14 x 21 Latitude, 110 x 29 x 28 Longitude
Resources on Fire:
There are currently 300 personnel on this incident, including the following resources:
2 Type 1 Heavy Helicopters
2 Type 3 Light Helicopters
Community meetings are being scheduled July 20, 2016 at 6:00 at the Bondurant School.
Hoback Junction and Pinedale are being scheduled as soon as we can confirm the facility.
We will post on Facebook and Inciweb.
- The Cliff Creek fire was discovered on the Bridger-Teton National Forest at 2:30pm on Sunday, July 17, approximately 5 miles north of the town of Bondurant Wyoming.
- Containment is at 0%.
- Great Basin Incident Command Team 7 has been brought it to manage the fire.
- The fire is being actively suppressed with a mixture of ground crews and aerial resources.
- As the Cliff Creek Fire spreads to the north and east, evacuation orders have expanded to include Granite Canyon in Teton County, closure of Highway 89/191 between Hoback Junction and Daniel Junction, and partial evacuations north of Bondurant in Sublette County.
- The evacuation in Sublette County remains in effect and includes the Cozy Campground and residences, south along Highway 189/191 toward the north area of Bondurant. For these evacuees, the Red Cross has set up an evacuation center at the Pinedale High School Wrangler Gym at 655 N. Tyler Street in Pinedale.
- Teton County Emergency Management issued a mandatory evacuation order for the Granite Creek area including Granite Campground, Granite Hot Springs, Jack Pine Summer Homes, and the Safari Club.
For more information on the Cliff Creek Fire, visit Teton Interagency Fire Dispatch at www.TetonFires.com and the InciWeb page, http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4865/.
For related evacuation information, visit Teton County Emergency Management at http://www.tetonwyo.org/em/ and Facebook pages updated by Sublette County Emergency Management and Bridger Teton National Forest Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/BridgerTetonNF/