Preference Point application period underway
Moose, bighorn sheep, elk, deer, antelope
by Wyoming Game & Fish
July 28, 2014
Resident and non-resident moose and bighorn sheep hunters and non- resident elk, deer and antelope hunters are reminded that the preference point only application period is now underway. Applications for preference points will be accepted through Sept. 30.
Preference points are available for qualifying big game hunters who did not apply for a moose or bighorn sheep license this year and non-resident elk, deer and antelope hunters who did not apply for a license this year or who did not draw their first choice license and did not mark the preference point box on their license application.
Under the preference point system, 75 percent of available licenses in each hunt area and license type will be allocated to the preference point drawing. Applicants with the highest preference point ranking will receive priority in the preference point draw. The remaining 25 percent of available licenses will be allocated in a random drawing regardless of preference points.
A youth applicant wanting to be awarded preference points must be at least 11 years old at the time of submitting an application for a big game limited quota license and must be at least 12 years old when in the field hunting. A youth applicant wanting to purchase preference points only must be at least 11 years old at the time of submitting an application and must be at least 12 years old by Dec. 31 of that year.
Preference points may be purchased online through the Game and Fish website at: wgfd.wyo.gov. Hunters with eligibility questions or other inquiries about preference points can call 307-777-4600.
Wyoming Game and Fish calendar:
July 1-Sept. 30: Preference point application period continues
Wednesday, August 6: Wyoming Mule Deer Summit, Daniel Schoolhouse, Daniel, Wyoming, 8AM more info
Friday, August 15: Archery antelope season opens in most hunt areas