Salute to the Travel & Tourism Industry Kickoff Party May 2
April 21, 2013
Pinedale Travel & Tourism Commission and the Sublette County Chamber of Commerce invite local travel industry supporters to the Salute to the Travel & Tourism Industry Kickoff Party from 5-7PM on Thursday, May 2 at the Sublette County Visitor Center.
The Salute to the Industry is Pinedale’s key activity for National Travel and Tourism Week, which takes place nationwide May 4-12. Travel and tourism is Wyoming’s 2nd largest industry. In Sublette County, 430 workers are employed by travel and tourism. These jobs are supported by visitor spending that totaled more than $44 million in the local economy (2011, Economic Impact of Travel in Wyoming---2012 Report released at end of April 2013). The Kickoff Party opens the week of showcasing the economic and employment impact created in Sublette County from spending by leisure and business travelers. The jobs of our local hospitality workforce – and millions of dollars in our Sublette County tax base – are supported by the vital economic activity generated by travel and tourism. Rallies in six Wyoming destinations will take place statewide during the week.
Travel industry workers representing key businesses will join:
• Mayor Stephen Smith
• Visit Pinedale Director Serese Kudar
• Chamber of Commerce Director Terrie Swift
• Sublette County Fairgrounds Managers Jay and Brianne Brower
• Museum of the Mountain Business Administrator Kimberly Fletcher
• Hampton Inn & Suites Director of Sales Eva Egbert
• Wind River Brewing Company General Manager Greg Mottashed
• Approximately 100 local travel industry supporters.
For more information, contact: Serese Kudar, Director of Tourism, Pinedale Travel and Tourism Commission, 307-749-1533.