Governor Mead signs Redistricting bill
Moves to have Wyoming regulate greenhouse gases
by Governor Matt Mead’s office
March 8, 2012
Cheyenne, Wyoming (3/6/12) – Every ten years the Legislature must adjust voting districts to match new census figures. Lawmakers worked on the latest redistricting bill throughout the past year.
"Redistricting is no easy job and I want to thank all the members of the Corporations Committee for their hard work," Governor Mead said. "Not everyone is pleased with this plan. It is such a difficult process and lawmakers should be commended for their effort."
Governor Matt Mead signed the redistricting bill today. He also signed a bill that allows Wyoming to regulate greenhouse gases. He said Wyoming will continue with its legal challenge of the EPA’s decisions regarding a State Implementation Plan.
"This new law is an important change – needed in order for Wyoming to have a lead role over the federal government in regulation of its greenhouse gases," Governor Mead said. "Absent this law the federal government would regulate greenhouse gases in Wyoming. We want to take on that responsibility whenever possible. Companies that produce greenhouse gases would have to apply to both Wyoming and the federal government for permits without Wyoming as the lead regulator."
Governor Mead also signed 15 other bills this afternoon:
Bill Number Enrolled Act Sponsor Title
1. SF00045 SEA0007 Geis Alcoholic beverages-manufacturers
2. SF00007 SEA0002 Corporations Election district-revisions
3. SF00015 SEA0003 Minerals Advanced conversion technologies task force amendments
4. SF00047 SEA0013 Water Omnibus water bill-construction
5. SF00084 SEA0015 Minerals County commissions-special expertise
6. SF00105 SEA0009 Appropriations School capital construction
7. SF00010 SEA0010 Transportation Youth challenge program sunset date
8. SF00035 SEA0012 Cap Fin & Inv Higher education reserve accounts
9. SF00003 SEA0001 Corporations Secretary of state authority
10. SF00030 SEA0011 Appropriations Highway patrol, game warden and investigator retirement
11. SF00074 SEA0008 Hastert Severance tax-trona valuation
12. SF00039 SEA0006 Ross Adjustment of child support for an adult child
13. SF00062 SEA0014 Cooper Electrical installation licensing exceptions
14. SF00022 SEA0004 Judiciary Clandestine laboratory operation appeal
15. SF00023 SEA0005 Judiciary Death penalty method of lethal injection