BLM seeks PAWG nominations
Pinedale Anticline Working Group
by Bureau of Land Management
November 16, 2010
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) would like to remind the public that there are only two weeks left to submit nominations for nine positions on the Pinedale Anticline Working Group (PAWG).
The 2008 Pinedale Anticline Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) Record of Decision (ROD) provided for the continuation of the PAWG which is chartered under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). It is tasked with providing balanced recommendations to the BLM on the development and implementation of monitoring plans, mitigation strategies, and adaptive management pertinent to oil and gas activities in the Pinedale Anticline Project Area (PAPA).
PAWG members are appointed by the Secretary of the Interior to serve two year terms. Members are being recruited for the following representative groups:
Group 1 – Persons Who:
(1) Hold Federal grazing permits or leases within the area for which the PAWG is organized and represent interests associated with grazing;
(2) Represent interests associated with transportation or rights-of-way;
(3) Represent energy and mineral development; or
(4) Own adjacent land to the area for which the PAWG is organized and represent interests associated with land ownership.
Group 2 – Persons Representing:
(1) Nationally or regionally recognized environmental organizations;
(2) Dispersed recreation interests (i.e., hunter, angler, outdoor recreation, off-highway vehicle users, or commercial recreation activities);
(3) Archaeological and historical organizations; or
(4) The affected public-at-large.
Group 3 – Persons Who:
(1) Hold state, county, or local elected office;
(2) Are employed by a state agency responsible for the management of natural resources, land, or water;
(3) Are employed as academicians by a natural resource management or natural sciences organization (i.e., museum, university); or
(4) Are employed by the local government.
Nominations must be received by Mon., Nov. 29, 2010. Potential PAWG members can self-nominate or be nominated by another individual or group and are strongly encouraged to consider more than one category for which they may qualify. Mail or deliver nominations to: Bureau of Land Management, Pinedale Field Office, 1625 West Pine Street, P.O. Box 768, Pinedale WY 82941, or email email@example.com.
Information about the PAWG, its membership and activities, the nomination process and nomination form can be found at http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_offices/Pinedale/pawg.html. For more information please contact Shelley Gregory, 307-367-5328.