Pinedale Candidate Forum Audio Files
The Candidate Forum was sponsored by the Sublette County Chamber of Commerce.
From April 28 Candidate Forum for Pinedale Mayor and Town Council positions
by Pinedale Online!
May 2, 2010
Below are the audio files from the Wednesday, April 28, 2010 Candidate Forum in the Lovatt Room of the Sublette County Library in Pinedale. Candidates for Town of Pinedale Mayor (M) and two open Town Council (TC) positions participated. The forum was sponsored by the Sublette County Chamber of Commerce, moderated by Executive Director Terrie Swift. Also included are the comments made by Rob Harding speaking in support of the Rural Health Care District proposed 2% mill levy increase and Forest Wakefield asking for support for the proposed 3% Pinedale Lodging Tax.
Pinedale Municipal election, lodging tax, and the special county rural health levy election will be held on Tuesday, May 4th, during the local elections. Candidates participating in the forum were Tim Lingle (TC), Dave Hohl (TC), Steve Smith (M), Dave Vlcek (TC), and Chris House (TC). Mayor candidate Gary Heuck was invited but did not participate in the forum. The candidate forum was broadcast live by Bob Rule on KPIN 101.1FM radio, sponsored by KPIN and Pinedale Online. Special thanks to Bob Rule, KPIN 101.1 FM radio, for all his time and work into processing and separating these audio files for this story. Thank you also to Rachel Grimes and Serese Kudar for being the timing monitors for the forum.
1. Do you support the Sublette County Rural Health Care District Mill Levy increase initiative? Yes or No, Why? (4:47 min MP3 file, 1.09MB)
2. Do you support the Pinedale Lodging Tax? Yes or No, Why? (4:37 min MP3 file, 1.05MB)
3. What do you see as the future of Pinedale now that the gas industry as slowed? (5: 18 min MP3 file, 2.12MB)
4. How can Pinedale take advantage of local amenities to create a more sustainable economic future? (4:25 min MP3 file, 1.77MB)
5. What do you think is the biggest issue facing Pinedale today and what is the biggest advantage? (4:24 min MP3 file, 1.76MB)
6. What should be the primary focus of the Town of Pinedale over the next 5 years? (4:18 min MP3 file, 1.72MB)
7. Rob Harding, CEO Rural Health Care District – Speaking in support of the proposed 2% increase in the Sublette County mill levy for the Rural Health Care District (3:00 min MP3 file, 703K)
8. Forest Wakefield – Reading a letter in support of the proposed 3% Pinedale Lodging Tax (4:01 min MP3 file, 944K)
9. Questions from the public (28:05 min MP3 file, 11.4MB)