Pinedale Lodging and Tourism Alliance meets Jan. 8
January 5, 2010
The Pinedale Lodging and Tourism Alliance will meet on Friday, January 8th at 4:00 PM at the Hampton Inn & Suites.
The Alliance will be working on several topic:
- Advocating for a Town of Pinedale lodging tax on the next ballot.
- Seeing what can be done to finish the existing Sublette County promotional film materials started by the Sublette County Joint Tourism Promotion Board.
- Brainstorming on tourism promotion in the county.
- Town of Pinedale representatives will be attending to ask about input on enhancing the beauty of Pinedale’s streets.
- Work with the Chamber of Commerce and Sublette Economic Resource Council (SERC) to try to get Pinedale among the pilot program of six towns for a tourism assessment by the state.
- Encourage businesses and some representatives from the local tourism industry to consider attending the 2010 Governor’s Conference on Tourism and Hospitality in Cheyenne February 21-23, with the opportunity to attend a Business Day at the Legislature February 24.
The alliance encourages all groups to come to their meetings to share in ideas. They have contacted professionals in the tourism field to get help, insights and strategies in promoting the benefits of recreation in Sublette County, and will provide an update on what is currently possible.
For more information, or to be added to their e-mail list, contact Lana Koppenhafer 307-360-7403, Shane Thomson 307-231-1333, Sophia Wakefield 307-859-8403.
Pinedale Lodging & Tourism Alliance Agenda
January 8, 2010
4:00 PM, Hampton Inn & Suites, Pinedale, Wyoming
1. Minutes November/December 09
2. Town of Pinedale Lodging Tax
a. Quotes Secretary of State Maxfield
3. Tourism Assessment by WY Travel & Tourism and the WY Rural Development Council
a. Collaboration with Chamber, SERC, & Town of Pinedale
b. Pinedale Lodging & Tourism Alliance’s involvement
4. Completion of DVD Project – Promotional Film
a. Status Quo
5. Upcoming Conferences & Updates on Research of a Western Wyoming Hospitality Effort
a. 2010 Governor’s Conference on Tourism/ Business Day at the Legislature
b. Town of Pinedale, Planning & Zoning Kate Grimes: Main Street program
c. JH Chamber of Commerce: Outlook
6. RS Chamber of Commerce: Speaker: Dave Hanks, Director RS Chamber of Commerce and Pat Robbins, WY Business Council
7. Upcoming Speakers:
a. Heather Falk, Tourism Manager, JH Chamber of Commerce : Speaker Thursday February 10, 3PM at next meeting
b. Representative, Wyoming Travel & Tourism, Speaker March 11, 3PM
PINEDALE LODGING AND TOURISM ALLIANCE
PO Box 176 (Sublette County Chamber of Commerce PO Box)
Pinedale, Wyoming 82941