Power Outage planned in Sublette County June 7
For necessary transmission upgrades
by Rocky Mountain Power
June 1, 2009
(Pinedale) — Rocky Mountain Power will initiate a planned power outage on the morning of Sunday, June 7, in order to safely perform necessary transmission upgrades in Sublette County. The outage is scheduled to begin at 6 a.m. and will last approximately one hour. All customers in the communities of Pinedale, Big Piney, Marbleton, Daniel, Boulder and Cora, as well as surrounding rural areas, will be affected by the outage.
The transmission upgrades are necessary at this time due to increasing electricity use in Sublette County which requires additional capacity to ensure continued safe and reliable electric service. The work scheduled for June 7 is a continuation of transmission upgrades that began in summer 2008. The Chimney Butte transmission line and substation projects are expected to be completed in autumn 2009.
Affected customers will be notified of the outage in advance, by postcards and automated phone calls. Customer inquiries regarding the planned outage should be directed to Rocky Mountain Power’s toll free customer service phone number: 1-888-221-7070.
Rocky Mountain Power encourages customers to prepare in advance to ensure safety during power outages and other emergency situations. Assemble a preparedness kit that includes the following items:
• A flashlight;
• non-perishable foods;
• a manual can opener;
• bottled water;
• a battery-operated radio and clock; and
• extra batteries.
If someone in your home is on life support equipment, be sure to have a back-up system and a plan of action in case of a power outage and for this planned outage specifically.
During a power outage:
• As much as possible, do not open refrigerators and freezers – they will keep food and perishables inside cold for a longer period of time if not opened.
• Make sure generators are properly wired for your home or business, and don’t connect a generator directly to your home’s main fuse box or circuit panel. This can create a dangerous backfeed hazard for line crews.
• Don’t operate a portable generator inside your home or garage. Always properly ventilate a portable generator. Gasoline-powered generators produce carbon monoxide and the fumes can be deadly. As an added protection, ensure that carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are installed and working properly.
For more outage preparation and safety tips, and other electrical safety information, visit www.rockymountainpower.net/safety.