Pinedale Online!

Pinedale on the Web!
Pinedale, Wyoming

Home | Calendar of Events | Photo Gallery | Local Businesses |

Pinedale Online > News > July 2007 > Tourism Board Grant Hearing July 24
Tourism Board Grant Hearing July 24
Grant money for Sublette County events and attractions
July 23, 2007

The Sublette County Joint Tourism Promotion Board will hold their annual meeting, Budget and Grant Hearing on Tuesday, July 24 at 7:00 PM in the Sublette County Visitor Center in Pinedale. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend this and all meetings of the Tourism Board.

Promotional Grants are designed to provide for the promotion of travel and /or destination tourism within Sublette County. These grants are up to $1500 and are to assist in the promotion of events or attractions designed to attract visitors to Sublette County.

Money is derived from the 4% Lodging Tax on overnight stays in motels and guest ranches in the county. The money is administered by a joint powers county board staffed by volunteer board members with the help of one paid tourism Marketing Director.

Special consideration will be given to events or attractions that have limited promotional resources or lack other funding sources and events scheduled for the “shoulder and off season” months. Organizations, associations, clubs, businesses, groups and individuals are eligible to apply. Governmental units or entities are not eligible and may not apply.

Eligible events and attractions are competitions, tournaments, conventions, symposiums, concerts, celebrations, pageants and other similar events, or museums or historical sites, specifically designed to register and /or attract participants or visitors from outside Sublette County and / or the State of Wyoming. Events or attractions, which are primarily designed for the participation of County residents and have limited potential for registering and / or attracting participants or visitors from outside the County, will not be considered qualifying events or attractions.

To apply, organizers must submit a signed and dated application form with a detailed description of the event or attraction and its potential for attracting visitors or participants to Sublette County. Included must be a detailed outline of the promotional material or advertising which is being requested, along with a budget for the advertising showing costs of the specific advertising.

Grant money may be used for state, regional or national advertising in the form of print ads or web material as well as participation in trade or travel shows. Grant money may not be used to purchase equipment, for construction of buildings, event administration costs or entertainment expenses. The complete list of allowed expenses and limitations is available from the Tourism Board. All promotional material and advertising must contain a credit line to the Tourism Board.

Once approved, organizers get 75% of the grant money prior to the event and the remaining 25% paid after the Tourism Board receives the organizer’s event Audit Report.

Applications and guidelines may be obtained at the Sublette County Visitor Center in Pinedale, or by calling Mindi Crabb, Marketing Director, 307-367-2242 (Visitor Center) or 307-367-3341 (home office), e-mail:

Related Links:
Mountain Man Country,

Pinedale Online > News > July 2007 > Tourism Board Grant Hearing July 24

Pinedale Online!
Pinedale Online! PO Box 2250, Pinedale, WY 82941
Phone: (307) 360-7689 or (307) 276-5699, Fax: (307) 276-5414

Office Outlet in Pinedale, 43 S. Sublette

Copyright © 2007 Pinedale Online. All rights reserved.
Pictures and content cannot be used in whole or part without permission.