Pine Street Project meeting June 14
Pinedale beautification effort
June 5, 2007
Concerned citizens and residents have joined together to form a new organization committed to keeping Pine Street in Pinedale clean and beautiful. The group will hold a meeting on Thursday, June 14 at the Pinedale Library at noon (bring your lunch) to talk about their efforts. All interested persons are invited to attend.
The Pine Street Project is a new, non-profit, volunteer organization. “We believe a clean and beautiful main street is a first step in encouraging neighborhood pride and urban vitality, enhancing business and tourist investment in Pinedale and preserving a high quality of life for all,” says the group. They wish to work with individuals, businesses, community groups, and local government to take on the responsibility for the town’s appearance and work together to develop a plan for a beautification project.
In order for Pinedale to be a really appealing city, individuals, community groups and the private sector, as well as the various levels of government and the associated agencies, boards and commissions, will need to take responsibility, and work together.
The group seeks to benefit the community by:
- Coordinating efforts/projects to better serve the community
- Creating a central information and resource center for organizations and individuals
- Bringing organizations together to help one another better serve their purposes
- Disseminating information to the community to keep interest high and resources flowing
- Developing a plan for future funding tied to State, County, local government and private sources for municipal beautification needs.
How can you help?
The group is looking for interested individuals with businesses on Pine Street to be active and dedicated members to:
- Volunteer on a community beautification project.
- Recruit friends and neighbors to take part in improving our visual quality of life.
- Make contributions that will sustain our beautification and maintenance efforts.
Printable Flyer (1 page, 71K, PDF)