Pinedale Online!

Visitor's Guide to Pinedale, Wyoming

Home | Calendar of Events | Photo Gallery | Local Businesses |

Pinedale Online > News > December 2005 > 2006 Hunting Season begins
2006 Hunting Season begins
December 18, 2005

Nonresident hunters who applied for big game licenses last year should be receiving their 2006 Wyoming big game applications in the mail soon.

There are some important changes for 2006 for nonresident hunters to take note of. Nonresident elk, deer and antelope applicants can begin accruing preference points, if they so desire. Beginning in 2007, 75 percent of the quota for each area will be drawn from the pool of applicants with the most preference points. The remaining 25 percent of the quota will be issued in a random drawing from all the applicants who were unsuccessful in the preference point drawing.

Nonresident hunters interested in obtaining a hard-to-draw elk, deer or antelope license in future years are encouraged to begin purchasing preference points next year to maximize their chances of drawing in the future.

Prospective nonresident hunters needing an application booklet should contact (307) 777-4600 or write WGFD, 5400 Bishop Blvd., Cheyenne, WY 82006. Booklets can also be downloaded from the Game and Fish website at

Resident hunters can pick up application booklets at license agents and Game and Fish offices beginning in January.

G&F Calendar:
Dec. 19: 2006 fishing and game bird, small game and mountain lion hunting licenses available at license agents across the state.
Jan. 1-31: Nonresident elk application period.
Jan. 1-Feb. 28: Resident and nonresident moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat application period.
Jan. 1-March 15: Nonresident deer and antelope application period.

Pinedale Online > News > December 2005 > 2006 Hunting Season begins

Pinedale Online!
Pinedale Online! PO Box 2250, Pinedale, WY 82941
Phone: (307) 367-6399 Fax: (307) 367-2864

Office Outlet in Pinedale, 43 S. Sublette

Copyright © 2005 Pinedale Online. All rights reserved.
Pictures and content can not be used in whole or part without permission.