Pinedale Online!
www.PinedaleWyoming.com
www.PinedaleOnline.com

Visitor's Guide to Pinedale, Wyoming
www.PinedaleOnline.com

Home | Calendar of Events | Photo Gallery | Local Businesses |

Pinedale Online > News > February 2005 > Complimentary Wyoming Hunting Permits
Complimentary Wyoming Hunting Permits
Bighorn Sheep, Moose, Elk, Deer, Antelope
February 10, 2005

Each year, the Wyoming Game & Fish Department gives the Governor complimentary hunting licenses to distribute to worthy causes as fundraising attractions. Governor Dave Freudenthal turned over the licenses to the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of Wyoming to administer their distribution. The proceeds from the sales will work for Wyoming's wildlife resources through an efficient and controlled process, one that is accountable to both hunting and conservation communities.

The licenses will be auctioned by the Foundation of North American Wild Sheep, North American Moose Foundation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Mule Deer Foundation, which will all retain 10 percent of the auction price. The remaining 90 percent will be distributed to administer the program and fund designated wildlife accounts for bighorn sheep, moose, elk, deer and general wildlife.

The proceeds will be disbursed for projects chosen by the Governor's Big Game Coalition. Members of the coalition include representatives of the Wyoming conservation organizations, Game and Fish Department working groups and species specialists, and the department's Wildlife Division Administration. Projects could range from prescribed burns and other habitat improvements to disease surveillance, movement studies, population data collection, research and education.

Anyone interested in finding out more about the governor's big game licenses or bidding on future licenses can contact Marlene "Mo" Brown at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of Wyoming at 307-777-4693.

Below is a list of upcoming auctions and raffles for Governor Freudenthalís 2005 Complimentary Wyoming Governorís Licenses.

Bighorn Sheep
February 19, 2005 Live Auction in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for Eastern FNAWS. Contact: Rich Ziminski (717) 336-3743
March 4 or 5, 2005 Live Auction in San Antonio, Texas for National FNAWS. Contact: Ray Lee (307) 527-6261
March 19, 2005 Live Auction in Minneapolis, Minnesota for MN/WI FNAWS. Contact: John Coulter (507) 829-2304
April 15, 2005 Raffle for drawing by Wyoming FNAWS. 300 tickets will be sold at $200/each. Contact: Cole Benton (307) 736-2277.

Moose
February 25 or 26, 2005 Live Auction at National Elk Camp in Portland, Oregon, for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Contact: Blake Henning (307) 634-4099
March 2-5, 2005 Live Auction at National Convention in San Antonio, Texas for FNAWS. Contact: Neil Thagard (307) 527-6261.

Elk, Deer, or Antelope
February 19, 2005 Mule Deer Foundation Auction/Banquet in Eagle, Colorado. Contact: Ted Archibeque (970) 524-0550
February 25 or 26, 2005 Live Auction at Rocky Mountain Elk foundationís National Elk Camp in Portland, Oregon. Contact: Blake Henning (307) 634-4099.
March 16, 2005 Wyoming Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Bid. First bid of $15,000 or more wins the tag, otherwise highest bid received through 3/16/05 wins. Bids accepted at: bhenning@wyoming.com, Contact: Blake Henning (307) 634-4099.
April 23, 2005 Wyoming Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation National Raffle annual fundraiser. Tickets are $20/each. Winning ticket will be drawn at the Rawlins Wyoming RMEF fundraiser on April 23rd. Contact: Blake Henning (307) 634-4099.
April 30, 2005 Mule Deer Foundation, Central Coast MDF Auction in San Jose, California. Contact: Stan Atwood (408) 370-5070



Related Links
  • Complimentary Hunting Permits - Wyoming Governorís Office
  • Pinedale Online > News > February 2005 > Complimentary Wyoming Hunting Permits

    Pinedale Online!
    Pinedale Online! PO Box 2250, Pinedale, WY 82941
    Phone: (307) 367-6399 Fax: (307) 367-2864

    Office Outlet in Pinedale, 43 S. Sublette
    E-mail:support@pinedaleonline.com

    Copyright © 2005 Pinedale Online. All rights reserved.
    Pictures and content can not be used in whole or part without permission.