Pinedale Celebrates 100 Years!
1904 - 2004
by Dawn Ballou
September 25, 2004
On Saturday, September 25th, under gorgeous blue skies and sunny warm temperatures, the town of Pinedale celebrated its 100th Centennial.
The highlight focus of the day celebrating our 100 years in existence, was the plaque ceremony dedicating Pinedale's first historic district, the original 4 blocks that comprised Pinedale in 1904. Pinedale Mayor Rose Skinner, and Wyoming Congresswoman Barbara Cubin, unveiled the plaque in front of a large crowd at the corner of Franklin and Pine Street. The plaque ceremony was followed by a walking tour and horse-drawn wagon ride through the historic district blocks with stops where local historian Ann Noble talked about the specific buildings in that area. Later in the afternoon, Ann Noble gave a talk about Pinedale's history to a packed house in McGregor's Pub, the only remaining original building in the historic district.
Other festivities during the day included a half marathon and several fun walk/runs, a chili cook-off, BBQ lunch, and parade of stores. The evening was capped off by the Centennial Gala at Rendezvous Pointe, Pinedale's new senior citizen center, with entertainment by In-Cahoots, Cowboy Poet Andy Nelson, and dancing to local band Legend.
The Centennial events were sponsored by the Sublette County Historic Preservation Board, the Sublette County Historical Society, the Town of Pinedale, the Sublette County Chamber of Commerce, Encana and Sublink Stage. Special thanks to Laurie Hartwig, Ann Noble, Clint Gilchrist, Kathy & Eric Sechrist, Carmel Kail, Robyn Blackburn, McGregor's Pub, Rendezvous Pointe and all the many volunteers and businesses who helped to make the Centennial events a huge success.