|Title:||Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (4-5 year olds)|
|Description:||Our current Head Teacher is moving in February and we need to fill this position. |
The Children's Discovery Center is looking to hire an experienced teacher who will understand and promote the school’s mission, vision, objectives, and policies both within and outside the immediate school community. Our school is open year-round, as this position will be full time, 7:30 - 4:00 with a 30 minute break. Breakfast, Lunch and Snack are provided daily.
The Teacher will create instruction that supports the specific needs of each individual in the areas of cognitive development, social/emotional development, fine and gross motor skills and speech/language.
The Teacher is responsible for communication that supports an understanding of the school’s program, develops positive relationships with the school community, and protects the privacy and confidentiality of each student and family in the school community.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education
• Appropriate childcare training including: Infant/Toddler/Adult-CPR/First Aid, Documented proof of all required training credits, including the number of hours of training, areas of responsibility, dates and titles of training (16 per year; 8 credits in the Early Learning Guidelines and Early Learning Foundations and 8 credits in elective training in the area of early learning, early childhood, and/or child development.)
• CDL within the first year of hire
• TB test results in accordance with Wyoming Department of Health
• Verification of completed full fingerprint based criminal history background check
• Physician’s statement acknowledging safe and adequate care for children
• Results of a child abuse/neglect Central Registry check
• Two or more years’ experience with childcare
• Experience in supervision and leadership
• Curriculum experience
• Employees will be paid on an hourly basis with the exception of the Director who is salaried.
• Employees will earn 4 hours of Paid Time Off for each pay period (96 hours total). Accrual will start 60 days after date of hire and accrued on a monthly basis. PTO will be based on the School Calendar year of September 1st through August 31st. Employees will not be able to carry-over any PTO time after the end of each School Calendar Year so they must use it or lose.
After the first 90 days, the employee will have a chance to earn a higher pay rate based on position expectations/job performance.
• Pay Period is Saturday through Friday and is based on 40 hours per work week (Monday – Friday). Any time worked over 40 hours will be paid at the over-time rate of time and a half. Any over-time should be pre-approved by the Director.
• Payday will be every other Friday.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.
Please submit resume, cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, the Children’s Discovery Center is prohibited from discriminating on the basis race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status or sexual orientation.
|Company:||Children's Discovery Center|
|Salary:||Varies upon experience|
|Close Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Children's Discovery Center |
Attn: Allison Long
P.O. Box 1572
Pinedale, WY 82941
Pinedale Online Job Board www.pinedaleonline.com/jobboard