|Title:||Director of Nursing|
|Description:||Sublette Center is looking for a positive, dynamic leader to head up our amazing nursing team. If you are an organized, professional leader, we'd love to talk to you! Requirements include active RN license and a heart for elder care. Experience is preferred, but not necessary. Please fax resumes to 307-367-4135, or call Dawn Walker at 307-367-4161 to discuss further.|
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of our nursing department following current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care. You are responsible for the promotion of the highest degree of quality care for our residents at all times.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities.
* Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
* Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
* Determine the staffing needs.
* Recommend the number and level of nursing personnel to be employed.
* Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments.
* Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department personnel or family members.
* Ensure that disciplinary action is administered fairly.
* Participate in the interviewing and selection of residents for admission.
* Implement a written plan of care for each resident (established by the interdisciplinary team) that identifies the problems/needs, indicated the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
* Prepare and plan the nursing service departmentís budget and submit to the Administrator.
* Schedule, attend, and participate in nursing service meetings.
* Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
* Perform all other duties, as assigned.
* Must possess, as a minimum, an unencumbered, Registered Nurse license in the state of Wyoming-or be able to obtain at or before the time of hire.
* Prefer a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility. Must have, as a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative or long term care nursing practices, or related experience with geriatric populations.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
* Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driverís License.
* Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a residentís condition.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
Specific Job Training will be available for the systems and processes already in place at Sublette Center
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Location: Pinedale, Wyoming
License: Registered Nurse (RN)
|Close Date:||Open Until Filled|
Pinedale Online Job Board www.pinedaleonline.com/jobboard