|Description:||Sublette County Historical Society/Museum of the Mountain Man|
The Sublette Historical Society and the Museum of the Mountain Man in Pinedale, Wyoming seek a qualified and highly motivated person to serve as its Director. The position is full-time and work will begin in May 2017. Pay will range from $45,000 to $60,000 depending upon education and experience.
Background: Formed in 1935, the Sublette County Historical Society (SCHS) is the oldest historical society in Wyoming. As the decades passed, the SCHS and its collection grew. The Societyfs visionaries launched an extraordinary plan: a museum of national standing that would preserve and interpret the Rocky Mountain fur trade era. Ground was broken in 1974 and the Museum of the Mountain Man opened its doors to the public in 1990. Today the museum publishes its own journal and the SCHS also owns and operates the Lander Trail-New Fork River Crossing Historical Park, the Sommers Homestead Living History Museum, Trappers Point Historical Site and the historic Rendezvous grounds in Daniel, Wyoming. The Museum of the Mountain Manfs history education programs range from prehistoric to Sublette County settlement era history, with special emphasis on the Rocky Mountain Fur Trade era of the early 1800s.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as the Director for the Museum of the Mountain Man (MMM) and assists with the operations of the SCHS.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with people and organizations in the community, as well as with the wider world of people within the world of museums and historians in the region.
- As Director, implements the policies established by the board in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Museum of the Mountain Man and gift shop. Oversees the management of the Societyfs financial operations, accounts, cash and inventory, endowments, gifts, and maintenance of required records.
- Leads and actively participates in the development of the strategic vision of the organization.
- Able to work in creative ways with limited operational funding and works to find new sources of funding, grants, and support resources.
- Provides for the effective promotion of the organization, including the development and implementation of strategic plan, including promotional programs.
- Supervise, schedule, train, and evaluate employees and volunteers.
- Manages the membership program, including renewals and growth of membership numbers and involvement.
- Supervises the publications of the organizationfs journal and other materials and publications.
- With the help of other staff supervises the maintenance, security and public safety of the facility, its equipment and supplies.
- Works with the Collections Committee and curator to oversee all aspects of collections management.
- An academic or practical experience background in non-profit administration, museum studies, or other discipline with a broad knowledge of history.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in written formats.
- Experience in administration with some supervisory experience preferably in a museum or arts organization.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of museum/cultural institution administration, especially with the development of policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of use of computers, data entry, email and social media communication, and correspondence.
- Ability to work with the public and volunteers, ability to get along well with others.
Submit a letter of interest about your desire and fitness for the Executive Director Position, along with your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close Date: March 3, 2017
|Company:||Sublette County Historical Society Museum of the Mountain Man|
|Contact:||Angie Thomas, Executive Director|
Pinedale Online Job Board www.pinedaleonline.com/jobboard