|Title:||Ecological Site Inventory Team Lead|
|Description:||Join an interdisciplinary team to aid in monitoring and managing rangelands throughout Sublette County, Wyoming. The Sublette County Conservation District (SCCD) aims to promote and maintain healthy rangelands, clean water and air and maintain premier wildlife and habitat. Strong rangeland monitoring and management planning is important to the economy and health of rangelands in the Sublette County. |
The SCCD is hiring an Ecological Site Inventory Team Lead to work with three Technicians as a field crew to complete vegetation inventory in Sublette County. The Team Lead will attend BLM Assessment, Inventory and Monitoring (AIM) training in the beginning of the field season and is responsible for site QA, assisting with reporting requirements, organizing the team for efficient data collection, and maintaining field equipment. The Team Lead will participate in Ecological Site Correlation prior to data collection. To preserve consistency of the project, the Team Lead, if satisfactory has the potential to be hired for two consecutive field seasons (2018, 2019). Data collected will aid in management decisions and is a large-scale venture expected to supplement ongoing projects in the area to conserve and promote Sublette Countyís abundant natural resources.
- Knowledge of rangeland monitoring techniques (Line Point Intercept, Canopy Gap, Soil Descriptions)
- Knowledge of Ecological Site Descriptions and Site Correlation
- Ability to work with SCCD staff, agency personnel and private land managers. Excellent communication and relationship skills are mandatory.
- Some computer, software, and technological knowledge and skills expected of natural resource professionals.
- Possess a driverís license with a clean record.
- Assist Range staff with collecting, compiling, and entering data on the rangelands in Sublette County.
- Data collection on rugged terrain and field data entry on rugged laptops and other devices.
- Attendance of trainings and calibration days (as required) to complete the fieldwork.
Full time seasonal position (April through December):
Pay Range: Up to $16.97 per hour.
Benefit package includes: Paid District Holidays
APPLICATION SCREENING BEGINS FEBRUARY 1, 2018. Screening continues until a suitable candidate is hired.
For more information contact Michael Henn at 307-367-2257
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 647, Pinedale, WY 82941
Learn about the Sublette County Conservation District at www.sublettecd.com
Learn about the area at www.pinedaleonline.com
We will be attending the SRM Annual Meeting in Sparks, NV! This is a great opportunity to introduce yourself and present your resume in person. Call Shari Meeks at 307-413-7645 or Michael Henn at 307-360-3264.
|Company:||Sublette County Conservation District|
|Salary:||Up to $16.97 per hour|
|Close Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Sublette County Conservation District|
Attn: Michael Henn
PO Box 647
Pinedale, WY 82941
Pinedale Online Job Board www.pinedaleonline.com/jobboard